Monday, November 16, 2009

Itchy skin when warm.?

When I get warm my skin gets itchy and it feels like I have pins and needles poking me all over the face. It's so bad that I get headaches from it, and I get really bad migraines so it sucks when this happens. This also happens when I'm warming up for a workout although it dissipates after I start to sweat and get into it. It's bad because this happens at temperatures that most people find comfortable. What can it be and how can I stop it. The only triggers I know of is heat, physical exertion(initially) and sometimes If I have too much sugar although my doctor says my sugar levels are fine.

Itchy skin when warm.?
Sounds like you may have cholinergic urticaria. Usually the hives develop within 2 to 20 minutes after the body temperature rises, although they can take up to an hour to occur. They cause itching, tingling, burning, and warmth of the skin. The hives last for minutes to hours with an average of 30 minutes. It is believed that histamine is released in response to stimulation by the parasympathetic nervous system





Cholinergic urticaria is a very common form of hives. It manifests as multiple, small, 2 to 3 mm red hives on the upper trunk and arms, although it can occur from the neck to the thighs. These hives appear in response to a rise in body temperature from exercise, overheating, or stress.





Cholinergic urticaria can be treated by limiting strenuous exercise. It responds well to a medication called hydroxyzine, which is an antihistamine. However, the main side effect of sleepiness is often not tolerated well. Showering with hot water may cause a release of histamine throughout the body depleting histamine stores and causing a 24-hour refractory period.
Reply:Use head %26amp; shoulders shampoo. And put sun lotion on your skin n face.


No comments:

Post a Comment