Monday, November 16, 2009

Extremely Itchy Skin?

For the last 2 months the front of my calves have been quite itchy. It would be an on/off thing. but in the last few days, they've been non stop itchy, where I want to scratch them continuously, to the point where they are raw and start burning, then when the burning stops, they become itchy again.





My bf suggests I might be allergic to the fabric soap we use. But I dont understand why it would effect my skin there, where fabric barely touches, as opposed to more sensitive areas. My pharmacist suggested I was allergic to the water here (since I moved 2 months ago), and that I just had to get used to the water. But its getting worse, not better.





I've been using Aveeno anti-itch lotion, which did help before, but now its not doing anything.





I'm going to the walk in clinic tomorrow hopefully, any suggestions that I could bring up with him?





Is it possible that its related to a psychological condition, since I do suffer from depression and it has been getting worse.

Extremely Itchy Skin?
I can't fathom that it would be psychological but it is odd that only the front of your calves are itchy.


Have you wracked your brain trying to think of what is touching the front of your calves? Because it sounds like contact dermatitis.





And you need to examine why your depression is getting worse. Be very specific with yourself about what is causing your depression to worsen.


No comments:

Post a Comment